Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Wisconsin Man Receives $183,000 Fine For Taking Koch Website Down For 15 Min.
- Staff Members Reflect On McCain's Time At KMUW
- Wichitans Join National Effort To Raise Wages For Fast Food Workers
- KMUW's GM Mark McCain Announces Retirement
- Musical Space: Are Streaming Music Services Destroying The Industry?
Jedd Beaudoin is an award-winning writer and broadcaster who has been with KMUW since 2007. He is the host and producer of Strange Currency, a two-hour music show, which airs Monday-Saturday from 8 to 10 p.m. He is also the producer of the bi-weekly trends commentary “Into It,” as well as “Musical Space” and he produces and writes KMUW’s bi-weekly theatre roundup “At Play.” He received his MFA in creative writing (fiction) from Wichita State University in 2001 (where he was a Creative Writing Fellow) and holds a B.A. in English (with an emphasis in writing) from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
Beaudoin hosts Wichita Sessions on KPTS Channel 8. The show, which features local and regional music acts in performance, is now in its third season. Since 1999 he has worked as a freelance journalist. He served as music critic and editor for two Wichita alternative newspapers, F5 (2003-06) and Wichita City Paper (of which he was also managing editor, 2006-07). He currently contributes music, film, and book reviews to PopMatters.com, where he also pens (alternating with two other writers) commentary on country music for the site’s “Kickin’ Up Dust” column.