NPR Music is once again asking unknown bands and musicians all over the country to film themselves performing one song at a desk of their choice. The contest will be sponsored for the fourth year by Lagunitas Brewing Company, and the winner will play NPR’s famous Tiny Desk in Washington, D.C., before embarking on a U.S. tour that includes appearances at a taping of NPR’s Ask Me Another and at events hosted by NPR Music and Lagunitas, in partnership with Member stations, throughout the country.
Here's all of the who, what, when and whatnot:
- Create a new video that shows you playing one song you've written.
- Do it the way you'd perform a Tiny Desk concert: at a desk. (Any desk!)
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Fill out the entry form after it opens on Feb. 20 and before 11:59 p.m. ET on Mar. 25, 2018.
The winner will:
- Play a Tiny Desk concert at NPR in Washington, D.C.
- Tour the United States with NPR and Lagunitas.
- Appear at a taping of NPR’s Ask Me Another.
Keep these things in mind:
- NPR is looking for undiscovered talent; you can't have a current recording contract.
- You must be at least 21 years old and live in the U.S. to enter.
- Check the Official Rules for all the requirements. Take this quiz to see if you're eligible.
This year the judging panel will include Bob Boilen, Robin HIlton, Talia Schlanger, Toki Wright, Russ Borris, Tarriona "Tank" Ball, Gaby Moreno, and Sylvan Esso.