Thu February 21, 2013
6 Things To Remember If You Get Stuck In The Snow
The American Red Cross has a handy and important list of things you should do if you and your car wind up stuck in the snow.
- Stay with the car. Do not try to walk to safety.
- Tie a brightly colored cloth (preferably red) to the antenna for rescuers to see.
- Start the car and use the heater for about 10 minutes every hour.
- Keep the exhaust pipe clear so fumes won't back up in the car.
- Leave the overhead light on when the engine is running to help rescuers see the vehicle.
- Keep one window away from the blowing wind slightly open to let in air.
But the best advice may be to stay safe at home unless you absolutely must go out.