Most Active Stories
- Kansas Agency Criticized For Mockery Response
- Almost Ready: New Terminal At Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport
- Voter-Approved Marijuana Initiative Fraught With Unknowns
- Reaching Out: The Ongoing Relationship Between WPD And The Homeless
- Gov. Brownback Signs Nation's First Ban On Abortion Procedure
Wed May 14, 2014
Bike Month Profile: Christina Calhoun
25-year-old Christina Calhoun says she became a bike commuter by accident--by car accident, actually. Two years ago, a car accident left her with a broken car she couldn't afford to repair. She biked to work that day, and she's been biking everywhere she needs to go for about two years now.
Christina doesn't miss having a car; in fact, she says living life at bike pace has helped her focus her limited energy and time on the things most important to her.
Listen below to hear Christina explain why she bikes, how she tries to avoid run-ins with cars, and why everyone can benefit from biking.
Find more bicyclist profiles, photos, and events at KMUW's Bike Month page.