Most Active Stories
- Wisconsin Man Receives $183,000 Fine For Taking Koch Website Down For 15 Min.
- Staff Members Reflect On McCain's Time At KMUW
- Wichitans Join National Effort To Raise Wages For Fast Food Workers
- KMUW's GM Mark McCain Announces Retirement
- Musical Space: Are Streaming Music Services Destroying The Industry?
The Picture Show
Mon October 29, 2012
Inside Out: Umbrellas Gone Wild
Originally published on Mon October 29, 2012 1:48 pm
Here's one thing that continues to elude me: the fact that we humans have literally been using umbrellas for centuries — and we've still yet to engineer a windproof rain-shielding device. And even though we know this, we continue to buy, and use, and break them. Constantly.
Or, giving the masses the benefit of the doubt: Maybe the nefarious umbrella manufacturers realize that we will keep buying crappy contraptions because we have no choice.
But in the battle of umbrella versus storm, umbrella clearly doesn't stand a chance.