Most Active Stories
- WATCH: How Carbon Dioxide Travels Around The Globe
- Fifteen Same-Sex Couples Wed On Steps Of Wichita's Historic Courthouse
- WPD: "Somebody knows what happened."
- Expanding Horizons: An Effort To Inspire Girls To Pursue Fields In Science And Technology
- Group Unveils Survey Results For Wichita's Future 'Brand'
Mon June 16, 2014
Linda Sheppard To Join Kansas Health Institute
One of the top officials of the Kansas Insurance Department has accepted a new position at a Topeka-based health policy think-tank.
The Kansas Health Institute has named Linda Sheppard as Senior Analyst and Strategy Team Leader for KHI's work surrounding health reform, effective the end of this month.
She'll provide analysis of state and federal health reform initiatives, including the Affordable Care Act, and their impact on Kansas.
Through a contractual arrangement, Sheppard will continue to serve as an advisor to Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger through the end of this year, even as she takes on her new duties with the non-profit health policy organization.
In a prepared statement, KHI president and CEO Robert St. Peter says there is no one in our state who understands the challenges and opportunities presented by health reform better than Sheppard.