It’s Bike Month, and KMUW is celebrating all things bicycle.
If you want to get outside and participate, consider some of these Bike Month events:
- Bike to School Day is Wednesday, May 6th. McLean Elementary is the highlighted school this year, though many schools are participating. Volunteers will be at McLean to help fit helmets, check bikes, and provide safe bike routes to school.
- The Andover Bike and Health Fair takes place Saturday, May 9th, from 9 am to 12 pm, at Andover City Hall.
- Bike to Work Day is Friday, May 15th. Volunteers from the group Bike Walk Wichita will be at stations all over Wichita giving away free breakfast in the morning –you can go to Bikemonthwichita.org for the locations. Then, from 11:30 to 1, they’ll be in Old Town Square giving away Jimmy John’s sandwiches.
- The Oz Bike Club ‘Wicked Wind 100” is Sunday, May 17th, at Lake Afton. The event features a family ride, a 25-mile and a 100-mile ride.
- There will be valet bicycle parking at Riverfest, provided by BikeWalk Wichita.
- And there will be an attempt to join the Guiness Book of World Records for longest line of moving bicycles at Riverfest on Saturday, May 30th, at noon.
You can find more information about biking and more information on Bike Month events at our website, KMUW.org and at bikemonthwichita.org.