Tue April 2, 2013
New Kansas Arts Agency To Hold Public Meetings
The agency that was formed by the 2012 Kansas legislature to replace the Kansas Arts Commission is holding a series of public input meetings.
The Kansas Creative Arts Industries Commission (CAIC) seeks public input to guide future activities and to help draft a strategic plan for FY 2014 that starts July 1.
The CIAC was awarded $700,000 for operations and grants in fiscal year 2013. It was the first time that state funding was available for Kansas arts agencies since Gov. Sam Brownback fired the staff of the Kansas Arts Commission and vetoed arts funding in 2011.
Funding for the CIAC in FY 2014 has yet to be determined by the Kansas Legislature and Gov. Brownback.
All the sessions are open to the public. Attendees should register for any of the following events at kansascommerce.com/KCAICregistration.
- Fort Scott - Fort Scott Community College Ellis Family Fine Arts Center, April 10, 6-8pm
- Lawrence - Lawrence Arts Center, April 11, 6-8pm
- Dodge City - Dodge City Public Library, April 13, 10am-12pm
- Salina - Salina Arts Center, April 17, 6-8pm
- Hays - Hays Convention and Visitor's Bureau, April 19, 5:30-7:30pm
- Shawnee Mission - Indian Creek Tech Center, April 24, 6-8pm
- Wichita - venue TBD, April 20, time TBD