Most Active Stories
- Jay Docs Marks 10 Years With Guadalupe Clinic
- Forum Theatre's Christmas Carol - A Local Tradition
- Wichita Woman Serves As Ambassador for Auctioneering Industry
- Remembering Elliott Smith, Revisiting A Classic From New Jersey’s Most Powerful Trio
- WSU Receives $11.25M: Largest Corporate Foundation Gift To Date
Thu July 24, 2014
Sen. Moran Says Problems At Wichita VA Put Veterans' Lives At Risk
U.S. Senator Jerry Moran says the Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center in Wichita left its laboratories unstaffed for entire shifts and sometimes resorted to "begging, borrowing and manipulation" to obtain vital surgical equipment. Moran made the allegations in a letter sent last week to Sloan Gibson, the acting secretary of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Moran says the problems at the Medical Center put veterans' lives at risk and forced employees to work under conditions of fear and retribution.
The Medical Center confirmed it had received the letter but was still reviewing it Wednesday.