Most Active Stories
- Almost Ready: New Terminal At Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport
- Report: 69 Percent Of Kansas Under Moderate Drought
- Voter-Approved Marijuana Initiative Fraught With Unknowns
- Uber Urges Brownback To Veto Bill Increasing Regulation
- Ghost World: Dengue Fever Brings Music From Beyond With ‘The Deepest Lake’
Thu February 20, 2014
The Wichita Grand Opera Takes On William Tell
He shot an arrow through the apple which was on his son’s head. It was a test of an archer’s loyalty. But the creation of the opera, William Tell, is a test of talent for the singers. KMUW’s Aileen LeBlanc reports.
It is a rare experience – not once in a lifetime – but once in a great while, that we get the opportunity to see a production of William Tell. It has an epic scale of staging, almost operatic; but it is the difficulty and complexity of the music which really puts it beyond the reach of many companies. Not for the Wichita Grand Opera. The WGO takes on William Tell!
Click the listen button to hear interviews with two of the stars.