Most Active Stories
- Crowson: Does Our State Have A New Mascot?
- Editorial Commentary: 'A Kansan In Brownbackistan'
- Brownback Isn't Concerned By Unbalanced Budget Bills In Kansas Legislature
- Airbus To Relocate Old Town Operations To Wichita State's Innovation Campus
- Reaching Out: The Ongoing Relationship Between WPD And The Homeless
Tue April 1, 2014
Wichita Mosaic: Mohan Kambampati
Wichita is a city with people from many cultures and backgrounds. A jigsaw puzzle made up of colorful and interlocking pieces. But how much do we really know about the people that live here?
Mohan Kambampati was born in a suburb of Chennai (formerly Madras), Tamil Nadu, India. Here, he talks about meeting his wife, Lakshmi, moving his family to the United States in 1985, and becoming director of the Wichita Indochinese Center:
Mohan expresses his gratitude to Lakshmi for her hard work as he expanded the Indochinese Center, and talks about some of her new projects:
Mohan is also coordinator at the Wichita Asian Association. Here, he talks about how much the Wichita Asian Festival has grown since he arrived: