Staying active has never been so easy! From runners to walkers, KMUW's Street Team has a place for you.
KMUW sponsored races in 2017 will be free for Street Team members. If you don't have one yet, you'll need to purchase the KMUW tech shirt to become a team member. Wear it in each race you participate in to help promote Wichita Public Radio!
There are lots of ways to volunteer for KMUW, but this is one of the best ways to promote the station – while getting some exercise throughout the year. Meet other public radio lovers and KMUW staff, and have a great time.
Here's how it works:
- Apply for a spot on the 2017 Street Team (we are no longer accepting applications for 2017).
- Select your top priority of races from a list sent by the Street Team Coordinator (no race is guaranteed to be sponsored, and no race is guaranteed for individual runners)
- Sign-up for races per the instructions given by the Street Team Coordinator
- Wear your KMUW tech shirt to each race to represent the station
- Run/walk like there's no tomorrow!
- Earn a special KMUW medal for being a part of the 2017 Street Team.
- Join other KMUW Street Team members for post-race hangouts after select events.
- Get in practice runs with other KMUW Street Team members.
- Help promote KMUW to your social network by tweeting, blogging, etc., about your experience as the year develops.
- We encourage all of our runners to also volunteer with the station. You can find out more information on our volunteer page. Sign up for other opportunities and mark that you are interested in athletic races on your application.
2017 Sponsored Races
- Not 4 Wimps 10k/10 mile
- St. Patrick's 5k
- Wichita Brewing Co. Relay Marathon
- Wichita Run 12k
- Thin Mint Sprint 5k
- We'll add more races as they're confirmed.
Thank you to our 2017 Street Team sponsor, The Monarch!
If you have any questions, please contact Dalton Black at 978-6789 or firstname.lastname@example.org.