Street Team Resolution 2016
From runners to walkers, KMUW's Street Team has a place for you. Join the team, and don't give up on your New Year's resolution yet!
KMUW sponsored races in 2016 will be free for Street Team members. Our team is currently full for the 2016 year, but if you're interested in receiving more details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't have one yet, you'll need to purchase the KMUW tech shirt to become a team member. Wear it in each race you participate in to help promote Wichita Public Radio!
There are lots of ways to volunteer for KMUW, but this is one of the best way to promote the station – while getting some exercise throughout the year. Meet other public radio lovers and KMUW staff, and have a great time.
Here's how it works:
- Apply for a spot on the 2016 KMUW Resolution program (Applying does not necessarily guarantee you a spot on the team).
- Select your top priority of races from a list sent by the Engagement Outreach Coordinator
- Sign-up for races per the instructions given by the Engagement Outreach Coordinator
- Wear your KMUW tech shirt to each race to represent the station
- Run like there's no tomorrow!
- Earn a special KMUW medal for participating in the 2016 Resolution Program.
- Join other KMUW Street Team members for post-race hangouts after select events.
- Get in practice runs with other KMUW Street Team members.
- Help promote KMUW to your social network by tweeting, blogging, etc., about your experience as the year develops.
- We encourage all of our runners to also volunteer with the station. You can find out more information on our volunteer page. Sign up for other opportunities and mark that you are interested in athletic races on your application.
2016 Sponsored Races
- February: Not 4 Wimps 10 Mile/10K
- March: St. Patrick's Day 5K
- March: Wichita Brewing Co. Relay Marathon
- April: Youthville Tough Roads 4 Mile
- April: Thin Mint Sprint 5k
- May: Prairie Fire Spring
- May: Girls on the Run 5K
- June: Storm the Dam
- June: River Run 10k & 2 Mile
- June: Glow Run 5k
- July: Stars & Stripes 5k
- July: Titan 10k
- August: Kansas 811 Run
- August: Hornet Hustle 5k
- September: Race 4 Freedom
- September: Old Town 10k
- October: Prairie Fire Fall
- October: Air Capital Half Marathon
- November: Culture Dash
- November: Turkey Trot 10 mile & 2 mile
- December: Jingle Bell Run
If you have any questions, please contact Dalton Black, engagement outreach coordinator, at 978-6789 or email@example.com.