Adapted from NPR’s Community Discussion Rules
We encourage thoughtful and respectful feedback on all of our stories posted on our social media channels. We’re driven by a mission to promote insightful discussion and understanding of the issues and people that shape Wichita and our world.
Please feel free to post your thoughts there, but be mindful of our rules for participating in KMUW’s social features. If you break the rules, don't be surprised if we delete or block your comments.
- First: Be polite. As a news organization, we’re huge fans of the First Amendment. Our aim is not to censor discussion of controversial topics or issues. Still, keep your comments respectful. We will not accept personal attacks, name-calling, libel, defamation, or hate speech directed at anyone or anything. Do not post anything that could be taken as threatening, harassing, bullying, obscenity, pornography, sexism or racism.
- Don't use obscenities. Even if you really, really want to. This is a public forum where everyone should feel comfortable.
- Stay on topic.
- Don’t spam. We do not allow advertisements, solicitations or promotions.
- Respect people's privacy. Please do not share another person's contact information through KMUW’s social networking features.
- You are responsible for the content you post. KMUW is not responsible for the content posted by its audience. We do not and cannot review all user content posted on our social media features.
KMUW reserves the right to delete comments we think violate these discussion guidelines. If you feel your comment has been wrongfully deleted, please contact us to request a fair appeal.