Most Active Stories
- Kansas Agency Criticized For Mockery Response
- Almost Ready: New Terminal At Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport
- Voter-Approved Marijuana Initiative Fraught With Unknowns
- Reaching Out: The Ongoing Relationship Between WPD And The Homeless
- Gov. Brownback Signs Nation's First Ban On Abortion Procedure
Wed August 14, 2013
Indie Film Guide: The Dude Abides
Each week, Fletcher Powell finds the independent and non-commercial films showing in Wichita and the surrounding areas and brings them to you in this handy guide.
This time: an acclaimed music documentary, a midnight favorite, and a Lebowski extravaganza.
Much Ado About Nothing
August 14 & 15, 5:30
Joss Whedon's much-anticipated (and well reviewed) adaptation of Shakespeare's play.
August 15, 7:00
60th anniversary screening of the Audrey Hepburn / Gregory Peck romantic comedy.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
August 16/17, midnight (show is Friday night/Saturday morning at midnight)
Everyone's favorite midnight movie is also, apparently, the longest-running theatrical release of all time.
20 Feet From Stardom
August 16, 5:30 & 7:30
August 17 & 18; 2:00, 5:00 & 7:00
August 19 - 22, 5:30
Highly praised documentary about backup singers for some of music's biggest hitmakers.
Dudegrass, A Lebowski Extravaganza
August 16, 5 - 9 p.m.
Third annual celebration of all things Lebowski, including a screening of The Big Lebowski, unlimited bowling, white Russian specials, a costume contest and a bathrobe runway show.
Music: "Gimme Shelter" - The Rolling Stones