Most Active Stories
- Kansas Agency Criticized For Mockery Response
- Almost Ready: New Terminal At Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport
- Voter-Approved Marijuana Initiative Fraught With Unknowns
- Reaching Out: The Ongoing Relationship Between WPD And The Homeless
- Gov. Brownback Signs Nation's First Ban On Abortion Procedure
Fri August 16, 2013
Richard Crowson: Cool, Clear Water
For years hereabout we’ve dealt with drought
And gone without much water, cool water.
Through it all, old Wichita, without rainfall
Did cry for water, cool, clear water.
Raise the water rate, higher bills are just our fate
‘Cause we’re living in a state without water
But, wait, can it be?
What’s that cloud up there I see?
Now it’s raining down on me, such water!
The rains did fall, Mother Nature heard our call
And she flooded Wichita with water, cool water.
Then it rained some more, each day it poured
‘Til we all swore at water, cool, clear water.
Wha’cha wanta bet, even though its raining yet
We’re never gonna get our water rates cut
Or our grass cut.
(With apologies to the Sons of the Pioneers.)