Science Friday has been sharing the joys of science with public radio listeners for 25 years. Ira Flatow and the rest of the SciFri crew produce a live show on the road just a few times each year, and this time they're coming to us.
To help bring Science Friday to Wichita this fall, please join us for...
Science Saturday: KMUW's Science Friday Fundraiser
6:00 to 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 24
Experiential Engineering Building on WSU's Innovation Campus
4410 E 17th Street | Wichita, Kansas
This evening of fun will feature food, beverages, entertainment... and science! Consider it an adult science fair, with libations!
- Witness the trend of scientific discoveries aligning with artistic evolution.
- Meet the man who uncovered the smallest T. rex in the world, and see the dinosaur's skull.
- See how virtual reality is used to better understand the brain.
- Peer through layers of Kansas earth and learn the latest about fracking.
- Get hands-on with a wind turbine and see the inner workings of a solar panel.
- Learn about the upcoming total solar eclipse from Exploration Place's head educator, Traci Kallhoff.
- Play virtual reality game simulators provided by our friends at Cybertron PC.
- Get your picture taken with a friendly robot.
A special talk by Charles Bergquist, Science Friday's Director, caps off the evening. Bergquist will share experiences from his 20+ years at Science Friday, and give a sneak preview of what's in store for Science Friday Live in September.
Tickets to the Science Saturday fundraiser are $150 each. Your ticket purchase also includes a premium seat at the live show on September 9 at The Orpheum!