Citizens and voters face monumental choices on issues that will define our future, and there is a great need for broader understanding of how what happens at the polls affects you. That's why, in January of 2016, KMUW launched Engage ICT: Democracy on Tap.
These monthly community conversations feature a panel of local experts and topics that touch your daily life. Always at Roxy's Downtown. Always free and open to all.
Get your questions answered at the next Engage ICT on Tuesday, February 20, at 5:30 p.m.
Roxy's Downtown, 412 1/2 E. Douglas
February's topic is Mandating Health, and is the second event in our social health series. Our expert panel will explore the laws intended to make our population healthier, from soda taxes, smoking and liquor regulations, to bike paths and everything in between. It's free, and so are the appetizers.
Panelists to be announced.
Engage ICT: Democracy on Tap 2018
First Quarter: Social Health
- JANUARY 30 – Crime & Safety
- FEBRUARY 20 - Mandating Health
- MARCH 13 - Public Safety
Second Quarter: Environment
- APRIL 10 – Climate change
- MAY 8 – Sustainability
- JUNE 5 – Energy
Third Quarter: Education
- JULY 10 – School Funding & Board
- AUGUST 14 – Preschool & Early Education
- SEPTEMBER 11 – College & Beyond the Classroom
Fourth Quarter: Community Building
- OCTOBER 9 – Political Philosophy
- NOVEMBER 13 – Guerilla Community Building
- DECEMBER 11 – Art & Gentrification